IPX: For a New
The full sweep of iBasis IPX: Premium-quality voice, multi-service efficiency, cost savings and fast time-to-market for new services
With pressure on margins ever-increasing, fixed providers must find a way to compete more effectively. Many have networks that have evolved into costly circuit- and packet-switched hybrids to meet consumer demands for new services and higher-speed data. Adopting IPX, either in the core or at the edge, may be inevitable for survival.
iBasis IPX helps operators gain a competitive edge by supporting a broad sweep of services, from established standbys like premium voice and mobile data services (SMS, GRX and Mobile Signaling) to likely future winners such as HD Voice and LTE Roaming. iBasis IPX supports them all and offers providers a single point of contact, greatly simplifying new service launches and capacity increases.
- Provides simplicity and decreases the time needed to establish an IPX-based infrastructure through a one-stop-shop
- Unlocks revenue advantages of time-to-market acceleration
- Decreases interworking complexity and associated cost
- Lowers CAPEX and OPEX via fewer maintenance and development resources
- Offers a full portfolio of margin-enhancing services
- Increases subscriber satisfaction via superior voice quality and user experience, seamless data roaming and access to global high-speed 3G/4G services
- Ensures QoS prioritizing and SLAs with other providers
- Provides multiple interconnect business models to minimizes disruption
- Provides cascading payments by managing the flow of information for settlements between operators
The iBasis IPX delivers high quality voice and data services for fixed and mobile operators as well as ISPs, content providers and other service providers. The network provides high reliability, security and global reach through managed IP connectivity. Based on GSMA specifications, the network ensures high quality through direct routes and security through physical and logical separation from the public Internet.
Capacity Business Briefing reprint
IPX Challenges and Opportunities: A conversation with iBasis CTO Ajay Joseph